Letters and Resumes
Why don’t I hear back from those guys?
Maybe you need other words?
Writing letters and resumes can be a dreadful and daunting task. And it often comes with insecurity. Will your writing come across as professional? Is your tone appropriate? Are you using the right keywords for the application? Did you organize your material in a logical and effective way?
Those who hire look at all the things mentioned above. And usually, they’re not very forgiving—they’ll search on for someone whose application or resume is faultless.
As a UW-certified editor, I can guarantee your letter or resume will be error-free and impressive!
See the copyediting page to learn about the different levels of editing.
You can contact me to make an appointment or book my services directly (see below).
Your Best Story Offers
The one-hour tune-up is a basic edit of your resume or letter(s) of up to 1000 words. I’ll make sure your resume and letter(s) will be error-free, but I won’t be going into content, strategy, and word choice.
The three-hour tune-up is either a basic edit of 3000 words or a thorough edit of 1000-2000 words. The more thoroughly I edit, the more mindful I will be of word choice, consistency, strategy, content, et cetera.
The six-hour tune-up is either a basic edit of around 6000 words or a thorough edit of 1000-4000 words. The more thoroughly I edit, the more mindful I will be of word choice, consistency, strategy, content, et cetera. This six-hour tune-up for less than 2000 words, will be a heavy line edit.
How it works
- You book a meeting with me using one of the links below, where you’ll be prompted to pay via PayPal.
- You receive a confirmation email.
- You click the email address mentioned in the confirmation email and send me your letter or resume (Word or PDF; other formats upon request).
- I’ll send you your invoice and additional information and get to work on your project as soon as possible.
- If anything is unclear, we’ll use the booked timeslot for a zoom call.
- Up to 1000 words, you’ll receive your edited material (with track changes) within 24 hours after the booked timeslot. For larger projects, I will email you an indication of when I’ll be finished.
If you don’t have PayPal, please contact me, and we’ll find a solution.